Tesco is running its annual Food Collection in small Express stores all week from 16-21 November and in large stores from 19-21 November in support of FareShare and The Trussell Trust.
No doubt Christmas will be unbelievably tough for many this year. Many people will be facing real hardship as a result of the pandemic and rising heating bills during winter months.
Donations from the Food Collection are even more vital this year and are a great source of much needed stock that allows us to top up food donations to our charities.
How you can help
There are plenty of ways you can support FareShare during the Tesco Food Collection – every small action can have a big impact!
In light of the most recent restrictions FareShare has made the decision, together with their partner Tesco, not to have volunteers in store.
Volunteers have always been at the heart of every Food Collection so this is very disappointing, but the ever evolving situation across the UK and the need to minimise all but essential activity in areas in lockdown makes it the right decision for FareShare and our supporters, for Tesco colleagues and their customers.
- Help spread the word about the Food Collection by sharing posts on social media. You’ll be able to find some guidance for wording and posts here.
- Share local FareShare social media posts, you can find and follow us on @Faresharesussex on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Find out if there are any regional Twitter sessions in your area and encourage people to donate. Examples include: #BrightonHour, #LewesHour or #HoveHour.
- If you’re able to, donate in your nearest Tesco Express or large Tesco store you can share a post of you donating in store, tagging in @FareShareSussex along with the hashtag #everycanhelps.
- Post in local Facebook groups to help spread the word and encourage residents to donate when they do their shopping or to volunteer.
Spread the word:
- Talk about the Tesco Food Collection with family, friends and colleagues.
- You can donate food in all large stores from Thursday 19 to Saturday 21 November and from Monday 16 to Saturday 21 November in all small stores. You can find stores in you area using this map.
- If you can’t get in-store you can donate your Tesco Clubcard Points or make a financial donation on our website.
Thank you so much for your support.